Friday, July 20, 2007

Here's an update on my iPhone saga:

I sat on my unopened iPhone box, debating whether I should just keep it and activate it or return it and find some other phone to replace my aging Audiovox SMT5600. It took 7 days of prayerful consideration, and on the 6th day I made up my mind... and on the 7th day I activated it. Coming from a legacy AT&T Blue account, I actually had to call into AT&T's customer support to migrate my account over. It took about 20 minutes to get my activated. For the last two weeks I've been up and running, and am loving it! Hopefully this lust will last for the next 2 years, before I get too excited about the next great gadget. So Steve, slow it down... Your stock is already at an all time high. Let us relish in the now, before you make this iPhone a relic of the past.

Now that I've succumbed to the iPhone I can affirm that it is a marvel of technology integration! There is a great sense of satisfaction in using it... especially quickly looking something up on Google, Making a Poopli request. Too cool.

It is still missing many features to bring it up to par with today's Smartphones and Blackberries, however, I read that these are soon on their way. I'm eagerly awaiting the next widget that will make this phone an all powerful weapon of mass distraction.

Features I look forward to:
- Multiple PC sync (push/pull/sync two PC user data)
- MP3 ringtones
- Push Email service? I'm thinking that if you're on the wifi network, your gmail or whatever email sync should be checked more frequently than every 15minutes.
- Games? How about a classic version of Pole position or something like that.
- Record Video clips not just still photos.
- Taking voice memos.
- Tethering to your PC for remote internet access.
- and many more. Most of which are merely software updates.

No comments: