Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Much has been going on since my last post....

I'll hit the highlights. In mid-March, we made a trip up to Nome, AK again. This time to catch the end of the Iditarod race (www.iditarod.com). Also known as the last great race. It is 1,049 miles of ass-cold weather from Anchorage to Nome.

Here's our proof... standing beneath the finish line on Front Street in Nome. The mushers are pretty staggered out when the finish, with the exception of a few mushers. The photo below shows rookie Sylvia Willis and Rick Swenson over-taking Sylvia before making their way onto front street.

My friend Jamie, took me for my inaugaral snow-machine ride. We made a 60 mile roundtrip from Nome to the Safety checkpoint and looped back around via Anvil mountain. Several of my photos have made their way to Google Earth via panaramio (www.panaramio.com).

Here's a view looking back at Nome from the Bering Sea. It was amazing to watch how the ice changed day to day from the week we were there. We were quite fortunate to have so much sunshine! Don't get me wrong, it was still cold... but it was very tolerable when you were dressed appropriately.

No comments: